I was getting a little impatient. I needed a change in my life. I felt the cool dry air from a northern front sweep in. It was nice. Gave me new hope.
She got away with her email scandals and escaped the FBI, like I knew she would.
She and her husband have also slipped away from every other disaster to strike the Clinton house.
But where will it all end?
A Hillary presidency would fail so hard. She should quit while she’s ahead. She’s already been in the White House. She’s been a senator. She’s been Secretary of State. She’s gotten rich from the Clinton Foundation. She really should quit now before it all comes crashing down.
But no, her unquenchable thirst for power drives her on.
And crash and burn she will.
Either she loses the election to a very angry electorate and is cast aside like garbage, or she wins and her presidency is such a disaster that no amount of lies and media spin saves her reputation and legacy, and she is remembered as the worst president in history.
I strongly believe this because I’ve been doing some research and found out she’s not good at managing her affairs. She’s good at weaseling out of trouble, but she’s not good at running a tight ship. Case in point, the email server.
I think her shenanigans will someday catch up with her.
Just a hunch. But we’ll see.
I loved this movie. It was just the right amount of new school action and old school Star Trek themes that I was very pleasantly surprised.
- I loved the first 15 minutes. They were the most characteristically “Star Trek” moments of any in the last 3 movies. For a minute, if felt like I was watching a re-imagining of the old tv series, instead of a “rapey appropriation” of the original property (see previous two movies).
- This movie also continues the Star Trek tradition of promoting an officer even after they display astounding incompetence. Kirk tries to escape an overwhelming force only after they totally rip apart the ship. I know they wanted to have an Enterprise death scene, and yes it was emotional, but to offer Kirk Vice Admiral after that stunt? Par for the course, apparently.
- Another weird thing was the news of Ambassador Spock’s death. I get that they wanted to pay respects to the late Leonard Nimoy, but Ol’ Uncle Spock lives in an alternate timeline IN THE FUTURE! It’s not like the two timelines are unfolding in parallel, are they?! Eh, whatever.
- Also, Sulu is gay?!!!The creators know that movies and real life are two different things, right? Since when is Sulu gay? I guess so few people knew George Takei’s name and the meme “Sulu is gay” spread so vociferously that it became nothing short of self evident and entered the Star Trek Canon. It strikes me as really lazy and offensive to my intelligence. What’s next, Sheldon Cooper is gay? Finding Dory? Gandalf?
- After watching The Force Awakens and now ST Beyond, I think the Plinkett and RedLetterMedia reviews, and other Youtube reviewers are actually having an effect on the quality of these movies. RLM is not just a bunch of hack frauds who can’t stop complaining. They’re actually doing some good and bringing about real change in the world. Makes me happy.
“It’s working! It’s working!”
Granted, Donald Trump may not be a great president. He may even be terrible. A lot of people don’t think so, and I am one of them, but I fully admit it could be a disaster. However, I am voting for Trump for reasons other than his presidential policies.
In short I want Trump to:
- Destroy the Republican Party.
He’s a done a great job toward this already. We’ll see what happens at the convention this week.
The party only cares about is itself and maintaining its own power. It doesn’t care about winning. Conservative policies and caring for its own constituents, come in second.
It needs to be eradicated and a new conservative party formed.
It’s likely the party will survive and continue though. Trump has tried to unify it somewhat, mostly because he needs their support. But I’m hoping it can and will be altered to be more conservative and more competitive in Congress and in the public sphere.
- Put the media in their place and make them foam at the mouth.
He’s also already done a lot of this. But I want them crushed. I want to see them totally decimated, mouths hanging open, stammering if if if if if okie dokes, and then going on Twitter to have verbal diarrhea. “Wow. Just wow. I can’t even right now.”
That would be so sweet.
He’s already demonstrated the media can be beaten. Now they need to be buried.
As I’ve learned from online gaming, when the enemy is down, don’t ease up on him. Go ahead and put him to bed, or he’ll make a comeback rend you to pieces.
- Entertain me. Trump’s a funny man. I expect some witty zingers when he meets with foreign leaders and I want some solid stand-up routines at the state of the union addresses!
So far he’s done a little bit of all three and I just want to see that continue for a while. Even if the country collapses, if I get those three presents, it will all be worth it.
I was laying awake, trying to sleep, and thinking about how someone is always awake in the world. And someone is always sleeping. And we’re all talking to each other. When something happens in the world, it’s instantly shared throughout the globe, and internet commenters go to work.
I was super tired and desperately wanted to sleep. I didn’t want to be a part of the conversation anymore. I wanted to retreat into oblivion and not have to think.
But I was also afraid of falling asleep and losing control. What if Jesus came back while I was asleep? How would I be alerted? The news would spread across the internet almost instantly. I’m imagining the tweets “Did you hear? Jesus came back! #Paradise!”
What if I am asleep? Someone else will get to post “First!” I’d hate to sleep through the second coming of Christ. I’m alone in my house, no one will wake me up. There are millions (billions?) of people asleep right now. They’d all miss it.
Except, how could I possibly miss it? The Bible says the Lord will return with a shout, the call of the archangel, and the trumpet of God.
I’m pretty sure everyone will be woken up by that trumpet blast. It will be heard all over the world. There’s no sleeping through that alarm. I also believe everyone will instantly know what it signals. There’ll be no “wtf was that? An asteroid?” You will know in your heart what is happening. And what a day that will be.
It will either be the greatest day in the world or the worst, depending on your allegiance. No one will be indifferent. No one will be meh. You will know in your heart where you stand. No will have to tell you. There will be no arguing, no discussion, no opposing viewpoints. No one will ask “What does this mean for my life? How does this affect me?” You will know.
Even someone in a coma, who may not physically wake from it, will know in his soul the end has come. Oftentimes I’ve heard a trumpet like sound far off in the distance and wondered excitedly “Is Jesus here?” only to be disappointed by the refrigerator gurgling. Oh well, someday. He is coming.
“…and the dead in Christ shall rise first.”